Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Some favorite manis of 2014

Where has the year gone? It's already December, dayum. So much has happened this year, the time just flew by! The blog was neglected, but it couldn't be helped. Sometimes things just have to be put on the back burner. But I tried to keep up with my Instagram postings. Love Instagram, for me it's a diary of sorts so I can keep track of what polishes I've used (yes, there are that many, 2 Helmers full!). Of course, there were a few this year I was too embarrassed to share, major fails.

Starting off in January, and one of my very favorite manis of the year, as well as one of my favorite polish makers, Different Dimension, Just Keep Swimming.

Different Dimension | Just Keep Swimming


This intense blue holo is so drool worthy, I wore it on a trip back east and it lasted the whole two weeks I was gone. The rainbows follow you wherever you go! The quality of Missy's polishes are second to none. I am so happy I just got a shipment of new polishes from her, as I am leaving next week for a trip. Now, to just decide which one to wear!

Here's another favorite: SephoraX High Frequency with an accent of Lynderella She Sleeps with the Starfishes and a starfish tattoo from Big Ruby nail tattoos. 

SephoraX | Lynderella |Big Ruby Nail Tattoo

I love all things beach and sea, so this Lynnderella was a major lemming squash for me! Look at that sparkle... I just love love love.....

Another favorite from Different Dimension was when I combined Stronger and Black Dahlia. 

Stronger on middle and ringer finger | Black Dahlia on pointer and pinkie
 What a great combination!  The pictures truly do these beauties no justice.

A new brand to me in 2014 was Liquid Sky Lacquer. Love Carolyn's polishes, they go on like a dream and stay on forever!

Liquid Sky Lacquer Bird of Paradise and Twilight Hummingbird
I think this is also about the time when I discovered nail vinyls from Linda, aka @teismom on Instagram. If you don't know of her, you need to! These nail vinyls are the best discovery of 2014 for me. As someone that really sucks at nail art, these are so easy to use. If I can use them, anyone can! You can order from her directly at http://nailvinyls.com

Another new brand to me this year was Cadillacquer. OMG, I just love her polishes and adore that she has collections dedicated to my all time favorite shows  - Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy! I bought them all just based on that and was so pleasantly surprised and amazed on the quality of these polishes. They have staying power!

Cadillacquer - Welcome to Charming
The picture above is from the Sons of Anarchy Collection (god I miss that show already!), and is called Welcome to Charming. I wore this for two weeks before I took it off. Love!

And of course, I had to include my beloved Chanel as a favorite mani this year! Teamed up with Different Dimensions All That Glitters Is Not Gold and some nail vinyls, I was pretty pleased with the way this turned out!

Chanel Malice
Chanel Malice is one of my favorite shades from that brand and am so happy I got it last year before it sold out. Am kicking myself now that I didn't get a backup!

So these were some of my top favorites manis and polishes for 2014, I wish all the best for everyone for the coming new year.

Happy New Year and
Happy Polishing!
Laura

 


No comments:

Post a Comment